Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has a billion reasons to smile after Facebook became the fifth American company to hit a $1 trillion valuation. The 37-year-old tech entrepreneur remains the youngest individual ever to be worth over $100 billion.
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg is the founder of the world’s most popular social media platform is now estimated to be worth $132 billion after posting daily gains of about $5.2 billion as the social media juggernaut hit a new milestone.
Facebook is the fifth American company to hit the milestone, joining the elite club that includes Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, and Alphabet, the parent company of Google.
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg Background
Mark Elliot Zuckerberg is of Jewish descent, born on the 14th of May 1984 to Karen and Edward Zuckerberg in White Plains New York, USA. He hails from Dobbs Ferry, New York and he currently resides in Palo Alto, California, USA. Zuckerberg is happily married to a long time girlfriend, Priscilla Chan and they are blessed with two beautiful daughters.
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg Philanthropic Activities
- Internet.org was established in August 2013. Zuckerberg partnered with 6 other tech companies through facebook to provide affordable internet service to developing and under developed countries.
- Education foundation was established on the 22nd of September 2010. Through the foundation Mark Zuckerberg gave $100 million to Newark Public Schools, New Jersey.
- The Giving Pledge took place on the 9th of December 2010. Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, and Warren Buffett signed an agreement promising to give at least half of their assets to charity overtime. They urged other wealthy people to do same.
- In compliance to ‘The Giving Pledge’ Zuckerberg and his wife disclosed that in their lifetime, they would give most of their assets to promote equality amongst humans.
- Zuckerberg donated 18 million Facebook shares to the Silicon Valley Community Foundation, the value of the shares at the time was $990 million on the 19th of December 2013.
- In October 2014, Mark and his wife gave $25 million to fight the Ebola virus disease.
- Mark and Chan Zuckerberg disclosed on the 1st of December 2015, that they would give 99 percent of their Facebook shares (worth about $45 billion at the time) to the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative.
- The Chan Zuckerberg initiative pledged $600 million to Biohub to facilitate interactions and collaborations between scientists at the University of California, San Francisco, University of California, Berkeley, and Stanford University in 2016.
Awards and Recognitions of Mark Zuckerberg
- Member of the advisory board of Tsinghua University Business School, China.
- World’s youngest self-made billionaire in 2007.
- MIT Technology Review TR35 listed Mark Zuckerberg as one of the top 35 innovators in the world under 35years in 2007.
- Time Magazine awarded him as person of the year in 2010.
- He was named as one of the 100 most influential and wealthiest man in the world by Time Magazine in 2010.
- Vanity Fair magazine tagged Mark Zuckerberg as number 1 on its Top 100 list of “most influential people of the Information Age” in 2010.
- Facebook made fortune 500 list and Mark Zuckerberg became the youngest CEO at 28 in 2012.
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy put Mark and Chan Zuckerberg’s name at the top of their annual list of 50 most generous Americans in 2013.
- His donation to Silicon Valley Community Foundation was seen as the biggest philanthropic activity on record in 2013.
- Business Insider tagged Zuckerberg as one of the “Top 10 Business Visionaries Creating Value for the World” in June 2016.
- Forbes list of The World’s Most Powerful People ranked him 10th in December 2016.
- America’s number 1 Richest Entrepreneurs Under 40 in 2016.
- The Richest Person in America’s 50 Largest Cities according to Forbes in 2016.
- Honorary degree from Harvard on the 28th of May 2017.
- Listed as number 4 on Forbes richest in Tech 2017.
- Only under 50 in Forbe’s list of the richest 10 people in 2018.
- The only under 40 in Forbe’s 20 top billionaires list in 2018.
- Richest Person in Every State according to 2018.
- He was listed as the 13th World’s Most Powerful People in 2018.
- Forbes number 8 Billionaires list in 2019.
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg Net Worth
According to Forbes, Mark Zuckerberg has a net worth of $68.5 billion.